Minimalist design has been all of the rage lately, but there's always room for some classic farmhouse bedroom ideas. This beloved rural style inspires relaxation and comfort, no matter where you're located in the world, which is perfect for the space where you start and end each day. You could be smack-dab in the middle of New York City's hustle and bustle, but when you deck out your room in this bucolic aesthetic you'll feel like you're waking up in the middle of the countryside. Here are 13 ideas to help you create the farmhouse bedroom of your dreams.
1. Classic white walls make a great backdrop.
2. Rustic ceiling beams are a must.
One farmhouse bedroom idea that's always a classic: wood ceiling beams. If your home already has them, perfect! But if not, you can challenge yourself to a DIY project and add decorative ceiling beams. They're a great way to frame your space and add beautiful rustic detail as seen in this bedroom designed by Jenna Sue.
3. Weathered accents add character.
4. Bring a bit of the Wild West indoors with lush greenery.
5. Industrial touches are oh-so-complementary.
Just because you're decorating a farmhouse bedroom that doesn't mean you have to leave industrial style behind. The two aesthetics blend happen to blend perfectly. Thanks to interior designer Shea from Studio McGee, this bedroom's metal bed frame and brass wall sconces mesh beautifully with the rest of its rustic decor.
6. Spruce things up with a few glam accents.
7. Give shiplap walls a try.
8. Or, opt for board and batten.
9. Infuse western vibes.
This bedroom probably wasn't plucked out of a scene from Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House on the Prairie, but it still manages to capture a hint of farmhouse charm. Katie from Little House of Four infused western accents such as faux leather pillows and weathered picture frames into her master bedroom to create a modern yet subtly rustic vibe.
10. Create a layered look with gorgeous textures.
11. Carve out a charming reading nook.
12. Mix modern and rustic inspiration.
13. Warm up the floors with an area rug.
Last but not least, an area rug is a great way to warm up the floor (and the feet) in a farmhouse bedroom. And like this striking space designed by the team at Design Shop Interiors, it also adds a layer of cozy color and texture.