A number of paint colors can be used in a room featuring cherry wood furniture. The dark wood looks good against a backdrop of both traditional as well as trendy color schemes.
Make it Stand Out
One of the newer trends in the last several years has been gray paint on the wall. Cherry wood stands out when displayed against colors like gray, deep blues and lime green and typically these colors have been used with cherry wood furniture in the past.
In some cases, it behooves the homeowner to consider the decorating style she has chosen. For example, a romantic look is really complemented by dusty rose or pale pinks. These colors go well with cherry wood furniture and fit the decorative motif. This kind of color combination has been used quite a bit in traditional decorating styles featuring cherry wood.
Sometimes the simplest step is to experiment a bit. Certain factors like fabric texture or the quality of the light in the room changes the way something will look. If there's a certain paint color you'd like to try out against the cherry wood, use some paint chips to see if you like it.
- Rental Decorating: Style Survey Says ...Are You a Little Bit Country?
- Home Decorating: Tips To Help You Select The Right Traditional Decorating Decor
- Apartment Therapy: Decor Time Machine: The 80s
- Shelter Pop: Trend Watch: Gray Walls
- Home Decorating Made Easy: Bring Your Romantic Bedroom Ideas to Life
- Apartment Therapy: CHI Good Questions: What Color to Paint this Chest?
Buffy Naillon has worked in the media industry since 1999, contributing to Germany's "Der Spiegel" magazine and various websites. She received a bachelor's degree in German from Boise State University. Naillon also attended New York University and participated in the foreign exchange program at Germany's Saarland University. She is completing her master's degree in educational technology at Boise State.