Following updated domestic travel guidelines from the CDC, Airbnb has revealed which properties are topping family wish-lists. That's because, according to the company, 41% of people state that travel has become more important to them in 2021. The primary reason? People miss traveling to visit family and friends.
As more families get vaccinated and make plans to travel safely, these are the top U.S. destinations they've got on the brain:
1. The Frenchman Cottage in Narragansett, Rhode Island
Five guests can comfortably occupy this two-bedroom, one-bathroom cottage.
2. Luxe Family Chalet in Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Aside from amazing sunset views, this chalet can house a total of 14 people.
3. Beautiful Berkshire Family House in Monterey, Massachusetts
This five-bedroom, 2.5-bathroom house can fit a whopping 12 guests.
4. Family-Friendly Vacation Home in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
This three-bedroom, two-bathroom vacation home is perfect for a family of four that wants to be close to the beach.
5. Family-Friendly Home in Long Beach, California
This home is one mile away from the beach and can be occupied by eight guests.
6. Lakehouse Getaway in South Haven, Michigan
The owners describe this property as a "two-story, light-filled home with three bedrooms, two baths, an extra game room with a wet bar, a beautiful sun room with a sleeping area, and a second-story porch that overlooks the lake." It also houses 10 guests.
7. Luxe Family 4-Bedroom in Franklin, Tennessee
This midcentury modern home is open to ten guests with its four bedrooms and three bathrooms.
8. Saugatuck Modern Farmhouse in Saugatuck, Michigan
Sixteen guests can enjoy the above fireplace, along with six bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms.
9. Huge Family House in Atlanta, Georgia
This house certainly lives up to its name. It contains a total of 16 beds for 16 guests, with four bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. (We also can't get enough of the kid-sized rocking chairs.)
10. Large Family Home in Siesta Key, Florida
You can enjoy this dreamy heated pool — plus four bedrooms, six beds, and three bathrooms — with nine of your closest friends.
11. Funky, Family-Friendly Cabin in Hancock, Vermont
Eight guests can enjoy this woodsy cabin with one bedroom, 1.5 baths, and six beds.
Anna is a Los Angeles-based writer and editor who covers lifestyle and design content for Hunker. She's written for Apartment Therapy, the L.A. Times, Forge, and more. She previously worked as the lifestyle editor at HelloGiggles and deputy editor at So Yummy. Her email: email@example.com