We trust by now, dear reader of the Internet, that you are well aware of the phenomenon known as the IKEA hack — when a simple, affordable IKEA item gets a major, or minor, makeover. At Hunker, we love these hacks because they marry two things we love: the simplicity of Scandinavian design and DIYs. Need proof? Check out these roundups we put together on the Besta cabinet, the Billy bookcase, the Kura bed, the Pax unit, the Tarva dresser, the Lack table, the Bekvam stool, the Raskog cart, and Malm storage.
However, while we personally could scroll for days in search of the very best IKEA hacks, we realize that some people could get lost. And quite frankly, there are some designs that stand out above the rest. So, we bring to you the All-Stars, the Pinterest darlings, the top 10 IKEA hacks to try ...
1. Transform the humble Tarva dresser into a gorgeous bedroom piece.
3. Use an Ivar end panel to make a cane headboard that everyone seems to be pinning on Pinterest.
4. Paint a cute animal face on the Flisat stool for a sweet baby shower gift.
5. Make everyone wonder where you got your amazing living room piece when you add cane to an Ivar cabinet.
6. Cozy up the popular Kura bed with some simple tweaks that kids will go crazy over.
7. Add a pop of color to the Vittsjo shelf using chalk spray paint. (One of the easiest DIYs you can do.)
8. Wrap the Ypperlig stool with macrame cord and bring a touch of texture to any room.
9. Create a vertical modern garden using Luröy bed slats.
10. Help the Gladom side table go glam using marble contact paper.