We love a good baking hack, especially when it involves easy techniques for upgrading store-bought products. One such example is adding heavy cream to canned cinnamon rolls before baking. Apparently, this makes the rolls extra fluffy and delicious.
In a recent Instagram video, user @byjillee demonstrates the technique. First, she places Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls in a dish. She then drizzles 1/2 cup of heavy cream on top of the unbaked rolls.
Video of the Day
Next, the content creator bakes the rolls as directed and adds icing after they've cooled. The result is a batch of soft, fluffy cinnamon rolls that are said to be as good as Cinnabon's rolls.
According to Instagram users, the trick totally works. One person who tried the hack said: "Oh my gosh, it really does make such a difference! So fluffy and yummy! I sprinkled extra cinnamon sugar over them too." Another person commented, "I've made these several times ... they are delicious."
It's worth noting that you can use this technique with other brands of pre-packaged cinnamon rolls as well. As one Instagram user noted, they're going to try it with the canned pumpkin cinnamon rolls from Trader Joe's. Yum.
Other clever baking hacks:
If you loved this cinnamon roll trick, check out some of our other go-to baking hacks:
- Use butter wrappers to grease pans, like loaf pans or cupcake tins.
- Use the oven to quickly ripen bananas for banana bread.
- Make donuts with canned biscuit dough.
- Avoid greasy cupcake liners by adding uncooked rice to the tin.
- Bake perfectly flat cakes by using cake strips.
- Use a cookie cutter to shape cookies into perfectly round circles.
- Make cupcake liners out of parchment paper.
- If you're feeding a crowd, bake sheet pan pancakes or eggs for breakfast sandwiches.