When you're dreaming about your ideal kitchen, what does your kitchen flooring look like? If you just want something neutral — especially a hue that can let you easily change cabinet colors — but don't know where to begin, cream colored kitchen flooring can be a good starting point.
1. Keep it minimal and sleek.
2. Experiment with a subtle pattern.
3. Go for a subtle and surprisingly chic vinyl look.
While vinyl kitchen flooring might not be the first thing that comes to mind, this cook space proves it can look sophisticated.
4. Keep it classic with hardwood.
5. Pair minimalist wood cabinets with cream tiles.
If you're more of a fan of uniform kitchen tiles, go for a style like this one. When combined with wood cabinets — sans hardware for a minimal look — and a kitchen island, the flooring helps complete a Scandi-chic cook space.
6. Use a similar shade for both your cabinets and floor.
For decor lovers who are drawn towards simplicity, there's always the option to play up the cream hue in your cook space. This space uses cream porcelain tile with light cabinets for a minimalist vibe.
7. Try an eye-catching geometric look.
Want to shake things up a bit more while staying within the cream color palette? Try a geometric cream flooring look, which works great with a black countertop and backsplash (along with some minimal black shelving).
Get the look: Kikko Vinyl Tile (pack of 20), $29.80
8. Consider a combo of hardwood and patterned looks.
Who says you need to choose just one pattern? This look combines wood grain with a diamond pattern for a playful style. Combined with white kitchen cabinets and wood countertops, it also makes for a great farmhouse style kitchen with a twist (if that's your vibe).