The kitchen is the heart of the home. It's where you come together with family and friends to prepare meals (and in many cases eat them too), entertain, and hang out. Which brings us to the layout. When the goal is to maximize flexibility and functionality, the L-shape is the way to go. This ever-popular design works in an open floor plan and also lends itself to small-space living. We've gathered a collection of 12 modern and versatile L-shaped kitchens to inspire the most important room in the house.
1. Infuse a homey, farmhouse feel.
2. Inject some color.
3. Say "yes" to sea foam green.
4. Make a splash.
5. Marry modern and industrial.
6. Embrace eclecticism.
7. Keep it cool.
8. Give black and white a try.
9. Channel year-round summer style.
10. Create a casual dining area.
This swanky kitchen is redefining the phrase "casual dining area" with these gorgeous gold counter stools, and we are taking notes.