Bedrooms benefit from several different types of lighting: task lamps near the bed, a central light, decorative lighting, and more. A lot of fun can be had with light to make your space cozy, but sometimes it's hard to know where to begin. Here are 12 bedroom lighting ideas to consider:
1. Utilize bedside hanging pendants.
They add visual interest and clear up nightstand space. Plus, installing hanging pendants can be a DIY project.
2. Try out bedside drop pendants.
This is another way to clear up a nightstand, and it looks more simple and clean than the previous option.
3. Go for a sputnik chandelier.
Chandeliers don't always need to be glitzy and gaudy. A sputnik style works great in a modern or industrial space.
4. Opt for bedside single-arm sconces with exposed bulbs.
5. Have fun with an LED accent.
Whether it's an abstract shape or the outline of a cactus, decorative LEDs do double duty: They provide a bit of light and a bunch of style.
6. You can't go wrong with classic table lamps.
7. Or with a classic floor lamp.
8. Create magic with fairy lights.
Fairy lights add the perfect boho touch to a bedroom. Check out how to DIY a curtain out of lights here.
9. Allow your fireplace to provide a warm glow.
If you happen to have a fireplace in your bedroom (we're envious), don't forget to light it every once in a while! Otherwise, you could DIY a fake one and light some pillar candles inside. Very cozy.
10. Bedside single-arm sconces with glass shades save space.
And they can also add a dash of texture and color to your bedroom.