Switching your Honeywell thermostat from Celsius (C) to Fahrenheit (F) is as easy as pressing a few buttons. The first step is identifying which model or model series of digital thermostat you have. Honeywell models of standard digital or programmable thermostats are generally grouped into families by numbers ranging from 1000 through 9000. Honeywell smart thermostats, including the VisionPro 8000, T1Pro, and Lyric models, are just as easy to set with your preferred temperature display.
Here's how to change the temperature settings on your Honeywell thermostat from celsius to fahrenheit (or, if you're not in the U.S.A., from fahrenheit to celsius).
Video of the Day
If you suspect that your thermostat is not reading the room temperature accurately, the thermostat may need to be calibrated. The setpoint accuracy is not affected by the temperature scale — Celsius or Fahrenheit.
How to Change From C to F: Honeywell Thermostats 1000 — 6000
1000 - 4000 Series Thermostats
- Press the UP and DOWN buttons simultaneously and hold them until the display changes, indicating you are in the setup menu.
- Press the UP button to scroll through the options; stop on option 14.
- Press the DOWN button to select "0" for Fahrenheit or "1" for Celsius.
5000 and 6000 Series Thermostats
- Press the UP button and the FAN button simultaneously and hold them to enter the setup mode. A NEXT button will appear on the screen.
- Press the NEXT button repeatedly until you get to option 14.
- Use the UP or DOWN button to select "0" for Fahrenheit or "1" for Celsius.
How to Change C to F: Honeywell Thermostats 8000 and 9000
As Honeywell has increasingly embraced touch-screen technology, the setup procedures have changed, including the one for changing from C to F. The procedure is specific to each family of thermostats.
8000 Series Thermostats
- Press the "system" button on the touch screen; a series of blank buttons will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Press and hold the middle button until the screen changes and two numbers appear, each with an UP and DOWN arrow next to it.
- Press the arrows next to the number on the left until you arrive at option 0320, then press the UP and DOWN buttons next to the number on the right to change between "0" for Fahrenheit and "1" for Celsius.
9000 Series Thermostats
- Press MENU on the touch screen, then press PREFERENCES, and finally press ADVANCED PREFERENCES.
- Press the NEXT button until you reach "temperature indication scale."
- Select either "Fahrenheit" or "Celsius."
- Press DONE.
Programming Honeywell Smart Thermostats
Honeywell Vision Pro 8000
This is one of the easiest models of smart thermostat to program. Touch the MENU button, then touch PREFERENCES, and use the UP and DOWN arrows to scroll to "Fahrenheit/Celsius display." Follow the prompts to select either "Fahrenheit" or "Celsius" and then touch DONE.
Honeywell T1 Pro
To change the temperature display on a T1Pro Honeywell thermostat, press and hold the button (MENU) until the "advanced" menu appears. Use the NEXT button to scroll to option 125, then use the EDIT button to scroll between "Fahrenheit" and "Celsius." Press DONE to exit.
Honeywell Lyric T5 and T6
These Honeywell thermostats are Wi-Fi enabled smart thermostats that are best programmed using the Honeywell Home app on your mobile device. Once you've installed the app and opened it and the thermostat has connected with your device, just press "set up now" and the app's user guide will walk you through the steps necessary to select the appropriate system settings and set your preferred thermostat controls and temperature display.