Austin is a city rich in Texas tradition. And yet, with such a cool food and music scene, it's constantly evolving its vibe, testing just how creative you can get — while still being rooted in Lone Star history. The design scene there is equally interesting: unpretentious, accessible, and a touch old-school. These Austin homes (and a few hotels) all offer decor ideas — no matter where you live.
1. A Sleek and Modern Pad in East Austin
2. A Wonky Guest House
3. A Home That Mixes in West Elm Finds
4. A Boho Compound Made of Two Trailers
5. Camille Styles' Office
6. A Color-Crazy Tudor in South Austin
7. A Farmhouse Meets Contemporary Family Home
8. A 19th Century Building That's Now a Stylish Hostel and Music Venue
9. An Authentic Midcentury Experience
10. A Hotel That's a Little Hippie, a Little Wild West
Leonora Epstein is Hunker's Senior Director of Content. She has previously served as Executive Editor at HelloGiggles and as BuzzFeed's Deputy Editorial Director. She is the co-author of "X vs. Y: A Culture War, a Love Story" (Abrams, 2014). Feel free to reach out at email@example.com.