Squeaky is all about the borderline genius hacks and ideas that keep literally every inch of your space pristine.
While we at Hunker offer ideas on how often you need to clean everything in your home, there are also some specific items and spaces that should be cleaned depending on the season. So, with that in mind, here are some cleaning ideas to do each quarter of the year: winter, spring, summer, and fall.
Winter Cleaning Checklist
Winter means more time indoors, because it's cold out there! (Or at the very least, slightly chilly depending on where you live.) Since you'll be staring at the inside of your home a lot more, here's how to keep your space sparkling,
- Clean and organize your pantry.
- Clean and organize kitchen cabinets and drawers.
- Throw away any expired/unused pantry items.
- Deep clean oven and stove.
- Have your chimney inspected.
- Clean your fireplace and fireplace screen.
- Clean your closet and switch out clothing.
- Donate unwanted items of clothing, including coats and shoes.
- Wash blankets and throws.
- Change furnace filters.
- Sort through holiday decor and donate unwanted items.
Spring Cleaning Checklist
There's a reason why it's called "spring cleaning." It's because it feels like a time of renewal, rebirth, re-everything! Let's freshen things up...
Summer Cleaning Checklist
As the weather turns hot, your cleaning to-do list will turn towards the outdoors, focusing more on your yard, garden, and garage.
- Weed out flower beds and landscaping.
- Give your lawnmower a thorough cleaning and have the lawnmower blade sharpened.
- Clean garage and donate/discard unwanted items.
- Spray off outdoor cooling unit and remove debris from around the unit.
- Thoroughly clean grill and replace and rusted parts.
- Pressure wash sidewalks.
- Pressure wash and seal wood fences.
- Pressure wash your homes brick or siding.
Fall Cleaning Checklist
- Cover or store patio furniture.
- Empty and store flower pots and planters.
- Trim back bushes and dead foliage.
- Unhook water hose from the outdoor spigot.
- Rake and remove dead leaves from yard and gutters.
- Clean out closets and store summer items.
- Clean and organize your refrigerator.
- Throw away any expired/unused condiments, dressings and sauces.
- Clean and organize your freezer.