If you have a kid and shop at Ikea, then the Duktig play kitchen is an absolute must, and not just because it's affordable ( $99 ) and durable. While it's pretty dang cute on its own, the real reason we love this set is that it's a blank canvas to create your own kids' decor dream. Check out the magic some spray paint and removable wallpaper can achieve:
1. This classy herringbone backsplash is worthy of a real life kitchen.
Video of the Day
2. There are so many fun little details in this design: a floral backsplash, adhesive lights under the cabinets, and fixtures spray painted gold.
3. This gender-neutral design comes with a coat of navy paint, a marble-printed adhesive countertop, and "gold" fixtures.
4. This idea shines thanks to the coordinating wall decor. (But those nifty LED lights under the "microwave" are also hella cool.)
5. The chic-ness of this is killing us — leather hardware and a classic penny tile backsplash?! What!
6. So simple, yet so fun: This clever parent printed menus on the backside of the kitchen so it can double as a juice stand.
7. We're a sucker for subway tile, so yes, we will take three of these.
8. Dang, this dark floral/navy combo is good.
9. This DIY benefits from the addition of chalkboard paint on the side for recipes, grocery lists, or fun doodles.
10. Kids can enjoy minimalism, too.
12. Desert-glam, anyone? Try cacti-printed adhesive wallpaper and coordinating beaded pulls.
13. Ermergersh, yes to all the matching happening in this pretty-in-pink kitchen.
14. Geometric shapes are super easy to do with some paint and tape.
15. A tad ambitious, but still totally doable: Add scalloped pieces to the top and base of the toy to give it a vintage feel.
16. BRB, totally redesigning our real kitchen to look like this.