We've all had those moments when we're craving takeout, but don't want to spend money on ordering in. During these times, our saving graces are the food bloggers who have gone out of their way to perfect takeout copycat recipes. Even if you're looking for a fast food chain-specific recipe — like In-N-Out's iconic burgers or Taco Bell's Crunchwrap — we promise you it's out there.
Now that we're making ourselves hungry, here are our favorite recipes for homemade takeout (which sounds like an oxymoron, but you get the point).
1. Hot Thai Kitchen Authentic Pad Thai Recipe
This recipe comes straight from food blogger Pailin "Pai" Chongchitnant, who grew up in southern Thailand.
2. Dinner, Then Dessert In-N-Out Double Double, Animal-Style
Even if you don't live on the West Coast, you can still get your In-N-Out fix thanks to this animal-style recipe.
3. Tastes Better From Scratch Chick-fil-A Crispy Chicken Sandwich
"This Chick-fil-A crispy chicken sandwich with homemade Chick-fil-A sauce is the perfect copycat recipe of the classic sandwich we all love!" writes food blogger Lauren Allen.
4. The Edgy Veg Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme
Though this recipe is vegan, it tastes just like Taco Bell's infamous Crunchwrap Supreme. (Writer's note: I can personally confirm this!)
5. A Cozy Kitchen Copycat Shake Shack Burgers
If Shake Shake burgers are more your style, A Cozy Kitchen's recipe is all yours.
6. Grandbaby Cakes Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Whether you're craving Popeyes, Chick-fil-A, KFC, or Raising Cane's, this flavorful fried chicken recipe should do the trick.
7. Just One Cookbook Spicy Tuna Roll
Making sushi at home is easier than it looks, and would make for a great quarantine date night idea!
8. Mexico in My Kitchen Tacos al Pastor
Honestly, we're never not craving tacos — especially when they look as tasty as Mexico in my Kitchen's.
9. Right Back Spatula Copycat Sweetgreen Harvest Bowl
If Sweetgreen is your healthy takeout favorite, you're going to want to try this copycat harvest bowl.
10. Jessica Gavin Homemade Ahi Tuna Poke Bowls
For a delicious and healthy poke recipe, you should 100% try this bowl filled with marinated tuna poke, brown rice, veggies, and salad.
11. Chew Out Loud Honey Buffalo Chicken Wings
These tasty wings are baked instead of fried, making them a lot easier to cook at home (and not covered in frying oil).
12. Laura in the Kitchen Homemade Pizza
Laura Vitale grew up working in her father's pizza restaurant, so you know this recipe is the real deal.
13. Rasa Malaysia Shrimp Lo Mein
This saucy lo mein will satisfy even the strongest Chinese food craving.
14. Little Spice Jar Butter Chicken (Murgh Makhani)
Featuring chicken in a tomato cream sauce, this butter chicken is the ultimate comfort food.
15. My Latina Table Smothered Carne Asada Burritos
This carne asada burrito is smothered in a cheese and chili sauce, making it everything we want on a Friday night and more.