There's something serene yet stunning about blue. It comes in a multitude of shades — from robin's egg and cerulean to cobalt and navy — and it's super versatile. No wonder it's such a popular pick when it comes to wall color. We love it in hallways and kitchens alike, but one of our favorite spots to show off this dreamy hue is in the bedroom.
Thinking about giving your boudoir a refresh? Take a peek at these 13 brilliant blue sleeping quarters.
1. Paint the walls and the ceiling.
2. You can't go wrong with coastal chic.
3. Infuse a little Hollywood glamour.
4. Embrace your inner bohemian.
5. Opt for a shade of blue-green.
6. Give your walls a matte finish.
This sun-drenched guest bedroom belonging to The Nesting Game blogger Molly, takes a moody approach to design using rich, soothing tones. A matte navy backdrop really brings out all of the beautiful colors in the area rug, giving it the perfect opportunity to shine.
7. Stop just short of the ceiling with a tall wainscot.
8. Consider an accent wall.
Not yet ready to commit to a full-scale paint job? Consider an accent wall like Tabitha from Fresh Mommy Blog did in her master bedroom. A strategic splash of color can make a major impact. And this room is a perfect example.
9. Transform your bedroom into a dreamy respite.
10. Don't run away from saturation.
11. Imbue calm with a barely there shade of blue.
The energy in interior designer Cece Barfield Thompson's girls' room is playful yet calming. Despite the bright palette, this is still a place that encourages sweet dreams.