Green mold is a serious condition that occurs in cold, wet or damp areas inside a home. It's typically found in basements and crawlspaces as well as attics and anywhere with a high moisture level. If the situation isn't remedied, the mold can spread to other areas of the house and cause health problems. Luckily this problem can be fixed with a few products available from home improvement stores.
Spray the area down with a fungicide like GreenCure. These fungicides come in a spray bottle, which is easy to use. Simply spray it on the area where you see green mold and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Then rinse off the fungicide and let the area air dry.
Wash the area where the mold is located, using 1 cup of disinfectant soap mixed with 1 gallon of warm water and a scrub brush. The fungicide kills the mold, but you still need to clean away any signs of the mold. Scrub all traces of the mold off the area and then rinse off the soap.
Apply a disinfectant to the area to prevent the mold from returning. An easy disinfectant is ½-cup of bleach mixed with a gallon of warm water. Apply this mixture to the area and let sit for at least 15 minutes before rinsing with clean water.
Remove the moisture in the area, which caused the mold. Place a dehumidifier in the room and also use an electric fan near the original spot of the mold, directing the fan directly at the spot. Let the area dry out for at least a day and leave the dehumidifier running for 2 to 3 days. This reduces the chances of the mold returning.
Vacuum the excess water with a vet vacuum cleaner. This will remove all traces of the mold left behind as well as the water. A dry vacuum can actually release mold spores left behind and send them back into the air.