The ideal environment for mold growth is a damp, dark spot, so the underneath of your kitchen cabinets makes the perfect breeding ground. Mold growing on the interior wood of your cabinets is not only unsightly, it can also have adverse health effects on some people. It is best to treat the issues as soon as possible and clean the mold from inside of your cabinets at first sight. If left untreated, the mold will only spread further.
Fill an empty spray bottle with warm water. Dampen the moldy wood prior to beginning cleanup. This helps to keep the number of mold spores released in the air to a minimum.
Fill a bucket with warm water. Add a squirt of non-ammonia dish soap and mix it up well.
Scrub the moldy wood with a scrub brush and the soapy water until all of the mold is gone. Rinse the scrub brush frequently to avoid reapplying mold spores to the wood.
Rinse the area with a clean rag and plain water. Dry the wood with a clean cloth.
Fill a bucket with 1 gallon of warm water and 1/4 cup of chlorine bleach. Use a rag and the bleach mixture to scrub the area again to disinfect the wood. Let the bleach sit on the wood for 15 minutes, and then rinse the area with a clean, damp rag.
Dry the wood promptly. Try to keep the area under your sink as dry as possible, even leaving the cabinet doors open at times to air the area out and avoid having the mold reform.