Mold shows no preferential treatment toward the surfaces it accumulates on as long as the climate's right. Warm, dark, moist places create the perfect environment for this gruesome fungus, which moves in unannounced and sets up camp on your belongings. This is even more unsettling when these belongings are things that we plan to place food on. Removing mold from dishes isn't the most fun chore, but for health reasons it is necessary.
Use a soft-bristle brush to scrape all of the mold from the dishes. Be sure to do this over the trash or even outside to keep rogue mold spores from finding their way onto another surface of your home.
Fill the sink with hot water and add 2 tbsp. dish soap.
Set the dishes in the water and allow them to soak for at least 15 minutes.
Drain the water, which should have cooled off considerably, and wash the dishes by hand. If you have a dishwasher, you can put them in there and wash them as you usually would.
Dry all of the dishes, if you have washed them by hand, with a soft, clean, dry towel and visually inspect them to make sure you haven't missed any lingering bits of mold. Even the smallest piece can turn into a big problem later.