Things You'll Need
Regular household cleansers
Liquid dish detergent
Remove bedding, toys, dishes, pet food dishes and any exposed utensils used in food preparation before using the flea bomb. Put them in a closed closet well away from the area where you are using the flea bomb. Always clean countertops and other surfaces before replacing the items.
Leave your home and take your pets with you when you're using a flea bomb. Read the label on the product carefully to know when it is safe to reenter your house -- usually within two to four hours.
Extinguish any flames, such as a pilot light, before activating the flea bomb. This is to prevent explosions or other fire hazards in your house.
When fleas invade your house, it is often impossible to get rid of them unless you use a pesticide fogger or "bug bomb." The fogger sprays aerosol droplets that are suspended in the air. They settle onto surfaces and in cracks and crevices of your house to kill fleas or other annoying insects. A disadvantage of the flea bombs is that you must carefully clean the surfaces where the aerosol settles.
Remove any bedding that you left uncovered while the fogger was releasing its contents. Wash and dry the bedding according to the care label instructions. This is particularly important with bedding of small children, infants, or anyone who suffers from asthma, respiratory ailments or severe allergy conditions.
Clean countertops in bathrooms and kitchen areas with your regular cleanser. This removes any pesticide residue remaining on food preparation surfaces or areas where family members may set down a toothbrush or other personal hygiene product.
Place all washable toys in a sink or other basin and wash them with mild dish detergent, a dishcloth and warm water. Rinse the toys, then dry them well with a towel. Infants and small children tend to put toys in their mouths, or may get residue on their fingers from handling exposed toys.
Wash your pet food bowls thoroughly with a mild dish detergent and warm water. Dry them with a towel or allow them to air-dry. This prevents your pets from ingesting pesticide residue.