With many Kenmore oven models on the market in both electric and gas options, the Kenmore oven how-to-use instructions don't fall under a one-size-fits-all category. But, depending on your particular model, you'll likely find Kenmore oven manual pdf instructions online. There are, however, some general instructions for turning on a Kenmore oven that apply to many models.
Video of the Day
Before Turning on Kenmore Ovens
Before turning on your gas or electric oven, the manufacturer lists two important safety precautions to follow in each Kenmore user manual:
- Kenmore ovens are vented to allow warm air to be released through the vent, which facilitates proper air circulation inside the oven and promotes good baking results. The vent shouldn't be blocked or sealed with any type of material. Depending on your Kenmore stove model, the vent may be located above or below the control panel, above the oven door or underneath the left side of the control panel.
- Position oven racks in a cold oven before turning on the appliance to eliminate burn injuries from trying to move racks in a hot oven. Different models have different types of oven racks, such as flat or offset racks. Consult the user manual for proper removal and insertion of your oven model's racks.
Kenmore Oven Settings
The look of the control panel and the setting options vary among Kenmore oven models, but common ground is that each model has basic bake and broil options. You'll first choose between these options by pressing the "Bake" or "Broil" button.
If you choose the "Bake" option, select the cooking temperature by pressing the up or down arrows to increase or decrease the temperature. After the oven preheats to your selected temperature, you may see the preheat indicator light turn off followed by several beeps. If you need to change the oven temperature setting after the bake cycle has started, press "Bake" once and use the up or down arrows to adjust the temperature.
If you choose the "Broil" option, you may also need to select a broil setting level such as "nor" for normal setting, "hi" for a high setting or "lo" for a low setting.
To cancel the bake or broil setting, press the "Stop" button.
Kenmore Elite Stove Delay Start
The Kenmore Elite series of electric and gas ovens has a programmable feature called "Delay Start." This allows the user to pre-set a delayed cooking start time. For this feature to work properly, first make sure that the oven's clock is set correctly. The Kenmore Elite gas oven Delay Start instructions are the same as the instructions for electric models.
For example, if you want to program the oven to bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit starting at 5:30 for 50 minutes:
- Press "Cook Time."
- Enter "50" using the numeric keys.
- Press "Start" to store this duration for the cook time (50 minutes).
- Press "Delay Start."
- Enter "530" using the numeric keys.
- Press "Start" to store this time to start baking (5:30).
- Press "Bake."
- Enter "375" using the numeric keys to store this baking temperature (375 degrees Fahrenheit).
- When cooking is finished, the oven will shut off automatically, and you'll hear three beeps every 30 seconds until you press the "Stop" key.