In the manuals that Frigidaire supplies with its gas and electric ranges, the company describes a procedure for clearing an E or F error code. If that procedure doesn't work, the company recommends calling an authorized service representative. In the case of a Frigidaire F1 code error, though, the fault is with the electronic oven control, and that's a part you can replace yourself. If you're not a DIY person, you can always call Frigidaire for help.
Resetting the Display
When an F1 error on Frigidaire oven occurs, the display flashes the code and beeps at the same time. To stop the flashing and beeping, press the "Cancel" button to stop the beeping and clear the error code.
Video of the Day
Try the bake or broil feature once more, and if the error code repeats, unplug the appliance and wait five minutes before plugging it back in. Reset the clock to the correct time of day and try selecting the feature again. If the error repeats, the electronic oven control isn't functioning properly.
Replacing the Electronic Oven Control
The electronic oven control is contained within a module in the control panel. To access the module, you have to remove the back panel from the range. Unplug the range from the wall outlet before removing any access panels or performing any work inside the unit.
- Unplug the range and slide it away from the wall so you can get behind it.
- Unscrew the screws holding the upper back access panel covering the control module and remove the panel.
- Remove the screws securing the control module to the back of the control panel, and pull the module away from the panel, leaving the wiring connections intact.
- Install the new module onto the control panel, securing it with screws. Note: If the new module does not have a faceplate, peel the faceplate from the old module and apply it to the new module in same position; do this before installing the new module onto the control panel.
- Transfer the wiring harnesses from the old module to the new module—one at a time—to ensure they go to the same places on the new module.
- Reinstall the upper back panel, securing it with the original screws. Plug in the range and test the unit before sliding the range back into place.
Contacting Frigidaire Technical Support
Contact Frigidaire's technical support team if you have questions about your Frigidaire appliance, including a Frigidaire F1 code, or if you don't want to tackle the DIY project of replacing the electronic oven control.
If your appliance is still under warranty, call a Frigidaire service team member at 1-800-374-4432. If you have a Frigidaire service contract, call 1-866-386-5286 to request a service call.
If your appliance is outside of the manufacturer's warranty, visit the Frigidaire parts website at FrigidaireApplianceParts.com to locate the part you need. You can also visit Frigidaire.com, scroll to the bottom and click on "Service & Repair." When the page loads, you'll be able to enter your zip code to find an authorized Frigidaire service provider or parts distributor near you.