Borax and vinegar are both effective and natural cleaners. They can effectively eliminate mold in your home without the use of toxic chemicals. While borax can be toxic if ingested, it is safe to use around your home not only as a cleaner, but as a deodorizer, insecticide and herbicide. Vinegar has long been used to tackle various cleaning projects around the home. Be careful not to combine these two ingredients together; when used separately, they can eradicate and even help prevent mold in your home.
Mix one cup of borax in one gallon of water in a bucket. Set aside.
Vacuum up any loose mold with a vacuum containing a HEPA filter, which will help to prevent mold spores from becoming dislodged and floating around in the air.
Apply a borax and water mixture to the mold using a scrub brush. Brush the area completely. Wipe off any excess or dislodged mold. Allow to dry completely.
Pour some white distilled vinegar into a spray bottle. Spray the mold area, and let sit for at least an hour.
Rinse the mold area with clean water, and allow it to dry completely.
Spray the area again and rinse again with clean water to remove any residual mold spores. Wipe down with a clean cloth.