Every now and then, something happens to remind you of the fact that Stanley Tucci is a national treasure. For my parents, this was the time they were seated next to him in an airport bar and periodically (at least four times a year) bring up the "time they had lunch with Stanley Tucci."
For the rest of us, that comes in the form of this video Mr. Tucci himself posted to his Instagram — which is now going crazy-viral. In it, he calmly demonstrates how to make a Negroni. In the first few seconds of the video, you will likely find yourself thinking:
- What is this snazzy jazz music? Why yes I am ready for a cocktail if you say so, Mr. Wonderful. It's 8 a.m. but fuck it.
- You, sir, know how to wear a pair of pants.
- And your arms are ::fans face::
- That antique silver cocktail shaker? MARRY ME!!!
So, here is Monsieur Tucci's recipe for the perfect Negroni — served up, not on the rocks (very important):
- Put "a fair amount of ice in a shaker." "Use your hands ... it's the most hygienic way."
- A double shot of gin. "If you don't like gin, you could use vodka."
- A shot of sweet vermouth. "And use a GOOD sweet vermouth"
- A single shot of Campari. "Made in Milan." (OH MY GOD YOU ARE SO CLASSY.)
- Shake it up.
- Garnish with a slice of orange.
- Serve in a coupe.
Leonora Epstein is Hunker's Senior Director of Content. She has previously served as Executive Editor at HelloGiggles and as BuzzFeed's Deputy Editorial Director. She is the co-author of "X vs. Y: A Culture War, a Love Story" (Abrams, 2014). Feel free to reach out at email@example.com.