Life may not be a popularity contest, but there's something to be said for the interiors that garner the most likes on our Instagram, @hunkerhome. It's always fascinating to see what spaces inspire you — our readers. So every month, we reminisce on the top five posts that have struck a chord. Today, let's count down to the most popular image posted in August 2018.
5. If you're blessed with an abundance of natural light, use moody hues to add dimension, sophistication, and drama.
4. When you pick a color and you go all in.
3. Change up the color of your towels for a quick and affordable bathroom style refresh.
2. Turquoise green tiles and teak flooring make for a stunning shower combo.
1. Consider a chunky knit throw to add color and texture to a bedroom or living room.
Carolin Lehmann is an Associate Editor at Hunker. She's a graduate of the Missouri School of Journalism and has previously written for HuffPost, Seventeen magazine, and a variety of local news outlets. As a studio apartment dweller, she's always on the lookout for new ways to decorate a rental on a budget.