Floods and accidental spills create havoc, especially when it comes to electrical devices. Light fixtures may get wet from a ceiling that is experiencing a leak from a flood or from plumbing that has ruptured. It's important to use caution when handling wet light fixtures due to the fact that electricity and water can produce a shock or electrocution. The light fixture should not be used and should never be turned on if it becomes wet.

Step 1

Unplug the light fixture from the electrical outlet.

Step 2

Use absorbent pads or paper towels to soak up any water.

Step 3

Leave the light fixture unplugged overnight to dry.

Step 4

Plug the light fixture back into the electrical outlet and turn on.