Black mold is a toxic fungus that can grow in damp, dark and poorly ventilated areas in your home. Black mold can cause serious health issues such as lung infections, asthma or chronic hay fever-like symptoms. Black mold commonly grows in basements, crawlspaces, laundry rooms and bathrooms. Clean the black mold, as soon as you notice it. Apply a cleaning solution and let it sit for several minutes, before scrubbing it off.
Fill a bucket with one gallon of warm water.
Add one cup of bleach to the solution.
Mix until the solution is fully combined. Apply it to the black mold in a spray bottle, or with a sponge or scrubbing brush.
Fill a bucket with one gallon of hot water.
Add a ½ cup Borax. It is a natural disinfectant that is only toxic if ingested.
Mix until the Borax dissolves fully. Spread it over the black mold with a sponge or scrubbing brush.
Pour white vinegar into a spray bottle. White vinegar is a natural disinfectant that will kill black mold spores.
Close the spray bottle lid.
Spray white vinegar over the black mold growth.
Fill a bucket with one quart of water.
Add one teaspoon of baking soda to the water. Baking soda is a natural disinfectant that is non-toxic and will remove light black mold growth.
Mix until the baking soda dissolves fully. Apply it with a sponge or scrubbing brush.