Mold thrives in wet, warm environments and can grow quickly when trapped inside walls. If you notice any mold on your walls, immediately remove it using bleach or a commercial mold mixture. If mold spreads, it can grow on the inside of walls. Once mold enters the interior of a wall or the insulation, seek the help of a professional. Removing pieces of wall can lead to damage to the structure of your home if you are not careful.
Fill an empty spray bottle with undiluted vinegar.
Hold the spray bottle several inches from the bathroom walls and pull the trigger. Move the bottle over by several inches and spray again.
Allow the spray to sit for 10 to 20 minutes.
Scrub the walls with a clean sponge.
Wipe the walls clean using a clean rag. If mold remains, repeat the entire process.
Wipe the walls clean with a warm, soapy towel. Dry the walls off with a clean towel.
Fill an empty spray bottle with a mixture of 1 part bleach for every 2 parts water. Check the back of the bleach bottle for any suggestions on different ratios or precautions. Alternatively, use a commercial mold remover.
Spray the mold on the wall with the mixture of bleach and water. Allow the mixture to sit on the wall for several minutes.
Wipe the mixture off the wall using a clean rag.
Dry the wall thoroughly with a clean towel.