Anyone with a small child probably knows all-too-well about the spreading of lice. Common among small children, lice feed off the human skin and blood while living in the hair. They can spread quickly and rapidly if not controlled. Luckily, there are many different shampoos to kill the lice living in the head. However, the lice (like fleas) can also get into the furniture. Without humans, the lice will die within about 24 to 48 hours. However, all of the furniture, floors, bed sheets and so on should be thoroughly cleaned to completely rid your house of lice.
Fill an empty spray bottle with one oz. of bleach.
Pour 10 oz. of hot water into the spray bottle. You will want the hottest water possible for the killing of lice.
Shake the water bottle thoroughly to mix the bleach with the hot water.
Spray this mixture onto your furniture, saturating it, to kill the lice (see Warnings).
Fill up your second spray bottle with plain hot water. Go over the furniture with the hot water to rinse out the bleach. You can use paper towels sop up the excess water, but it is not necessary (the water will simply soak into the furniture and dry on its own).